As you know, my husband and I host a yearly LIFE Group for young adults where we talk about different topics most relevant to young people. This year we repeated the topic from last year which was The Truth About Relationships, because it was just SO good, and added a twist. We incorporated some role play and video scenarios into our general discussions. FUN!
Along the course of our conversations we talked about where to find a mate and the question came up, “Should women ask a guy out on a date?” There were varying opinions but at the end of the conversation we agreed that it can appear over-agressive for a woman to ask a man out. We also referred back to the Word that a man should FIND his “good thing”. But we also agreed that a women looking to get married should at least make herself visible. The wiseguy says, does that mean you should go to a Chris Brown concert and be all up in the VIP to make yourself visible to Chris Brown? LOL There’s always a joker!
So, while church would be the ideal place to meet and fall in love with an upstanding, God-fearing, mate, this may not always be realistic. Furthermore, you shouldn’t be going to church just to check out the dating options. lol
1. The Apple Store – Since most guys love gadgets, the Apple Store is sure to be playing field for guys nabbing.
2. The weight room in the gym – Guys who go to the gym, usually aren’t going to run the treadmill. They’re usually there pumping iron. If you’re willing to compete for the mirror, have at it.
3. A Fortune500 or Tech Company – 22% of people meet their spouse or long-term love on the job. 75% of incoming full-time associates in the banking world are male.
4. A political rally or campaign – just make sure you’re attending the rally for the party you believe in. And more than likely, the person you meet will know a thing or two about the latest policies so brush up on your poli-sci.
5. A Sports Bar on Sunday or Monday Night – One word: FOOTBALL
6. Boston; Paradise, Nevada; and Jacksonville, North Carolina – Take a trip to one of these cities and just try not to meet a man. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Beantown has the highest percentage of guys who have never been married in the nation (53.6), Jacksonville boasts a whopping 175 single males for every 100 single females, and Paradise has 118 unmarried men for every 100 unmarried women.
7. A Volleyball League – Joining a club sports team like volleyball is a great way to get to know a guy over a period of time. Since you play games about once a week, you see your teammates on a consistent (but not too frequent) basis. What’s more, the majority of coed volleyball teams have a 60-40 breakdown of men to women, with an increase in male players over the past two years.
8. A Grad School Coffee Shop – Certain grad-school programs are heavily male-dominant (82 percent of engineering degrees, 78 percent of computer-science degrees, and 58 percent of business degrees are awarded to men). So stop by a café near campus during exam time.
9. A Rock-Climbing Center – This activity has blown up lately, with 6.7 million Americans scaling the walls in 2005, a 1.6 million increase over 2004. And according to the Outdoor Industry Foundation, which tracks recreational sports trends, nearly two-thirds of wall climbers are male. Plus, it’s pretty easy to meet people since the atmosphere is supersocial and charged with excitement.
10. A Steakhouse – Guys are hitting up steak joints a lot these days for dinner (especially after work or a ball game) and bachelor parties.
There you have it girls. 10 places to casual pitch a tent. LOL I’m kidding. Please don’t pitch a tent, but you know if you have the option of going to lunch with the girls at Salads 2000 versus Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, go with plan B.
What do you think of this list?