On May 27th, my husband and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage. It’s incredible to think about all that’s happened over the last 5 years, yet it still feels like we’re still newlyweds. I turn into a big baby when I think about how far we’ve come, the ups and downs and how I blessed we are. For my own sake, I’ll keep this post short and just tell you a couple reasons why I think we’ve made it this far:
1. He’s funny – It may sound crazy but I love it when my husband makes fun of me. When he imitates me, I just think it’s the funnies thing because he’s so spot on.
2. He keeps his word – There’s not a single time I can recall that my husband has said or promised something that he has not been able to remain faithful to. Not a thing. That may not mean much to the next girl, but to me it’s major.
3. He’s a protector – This man will stop at nothing to protect his family. He constantly prays over us and is always looking out for our well being in every sense of the word.
4. He’s a great cook – Need I say more?
5. He loves God – As my pastor puts it, any man that doesn’t love God wont love you long.
By the way, do you recognize this skirt? It used to be a dress. Remember this…
I DIY’ed this dress into a skirt. Nothing major, I just took a pair of scissors and cut it in half, literally. Not to shabby, if I do say so myself.
By the other way, don’t forget to enter to win a $50 Mimi Boutique giveaway. Click on the banner below for details.